We understand patients have the best experience when they work with someone they know, like, and trust. As a result, we employ a diverse team of professionals who work collaboratively to provide you with the best experience possible.
Michael Cotter, MD
- Undergraduate Education: B.S. in Biology and B.A. in Chemistry from Emory University
- Medical school: University of Miami School of Medicine, Residency ob-gyn 1990-94 University of Florida College of Medicine/ Jacksonville.
- Residency: Ob/Gyn, Shands, Jacksonville, Florida
- Years practicing: 18
- Medical Focus: Obstetrics, DaVinci robotic surgery, minimally invasive surgery, menopause management and management of urinary incontinence and pelvic prolapase
- Favorite Thing about being a Doctor: “ I enjoy surgery and delivering babies and being a part of pregnancy and birth process with expectant couples.”
- Patient Care Philosophy: Finding a way to explore and address the patients’ concerns to provide their desired outcome using the best evidence-based medicine.
“I am happily married to Shenary, who is a Family Medicine Physician. We have four children. My father, Julian Cotter, MD, was an ObGyn here in Gainesville for over 20 years.
I was born and raised in Gainesville, Florida. Yes, I am a die-hard Gator fan! We attend Grace United Methodist Church, and support several charities including Arbor House, Compassion International, Heifer.org, and Water.org. My most recent trip was to Guatemala, where I worked as an Ob/Gyn for a week in a small hospital. I also support Michael Rudolph and his mission organization, Aid for Haiti (www.aidforhaiti.org)
My hobbies are snowboarding, working out at the gym, playing with my kids, and spending time with my family. I also love to read recreationally – my favorite authors include Lee Child and David Balducci”
David Stewart, MD
- Residency: University of Texas Tech, Texas
- Practice History: In practice in Gainesville since 1992
- Associate Professor, UF Dept of Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2002 to 2012
- Special medical focus: Essure procedure, Obstetrics, general gynecology
- Favorite thing about being a doctor: the long-term relationships that I develop with my patients. ObGyn is a happy field – patients are happy to come see a doctor they have seen over many years and possibly through one or more pregnancies.
- Professional Philosophy: I don’t want to make decisions for people; I believe my goal is to help patients make the best decisions for themselves.
In 1992, I married Lori. We live on our farm in Alachua. Chad, the oldest son, is an internal medicine physician. Our two daughters, Chloe and Carly, are in high school.
Hobbies: Lori and I enjoy taking rides on the Harley. We also like going to the beach with my family, going out to dinner with my wife, gardening and riding my tractor. I have Anatolian dogs, chickens, one horse, and chinchillas.
“Being raised Jewish, I’ve learned to respect and appreciate everybody’s different relationships with God. I enjoy learning, and sharing patients’ experience of God.”
Ashley Walsh, MD
- Undergrad: Florida State University, B.S in exercise science
- Medical School: University of Florida
- Residency: University of Florida- Shands
- Favorite thing about being a doctor: I love the variety of patients I see on a daily basis and there is nothing better than following a woman through her pregnancy and introducing her to her child.
- Medical focus: obstetrics, minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
- Philosophy: I value developing a relationship with my patients by taking the time to listen and strive to provide the highest medical care designed for each individual patient
I grew up in Clearwater Florida and moved to Gainesville for medical school in 2005. I married my high school sweetheart, Sean and we have an amazing son, Michael, born in July of 2012. We love the friends we have made in Gainesville and friendly small town feel.
We enjoy weekend family time swimming, walks with our two dogs and outdoor activities.